When it comes to addressing visible aging signs, there is a long list of cosmetic treatments available. Whether you choose an invasive surgery or a non-surgical solution will depend on the intensity of the aging signs in the visible areas. It is also a matter of personal choice.
Facelifts continue to be a very popular cosmetic surgery option. But for those who are looking for a similar result but with smaller incisions, the mini facelift is an excellent choice.
As the name indicates, the mini facelift is a simpler version of the standard facelift procedure. It involves making smaller incisions near the problem areas. One thing that the facelift and the mini facelift have in common is the fact that no two surgeries are the same; the exact details depend on the actual problem at hand. Happily, no matter how bad the condition is, there is always a way to treat it.
Benefits of the Mini Facelift
• One of the most attractive characteristics of the mini facelift is the fact that the procedure involves fewer incisions. The incisions made are also smaller. This means that the downtime required after the procedure is less than that of the full traditional facelift.
• The mini facelift is popularly known by the name “weekend facelift.” The name has been given mainly because of the quicker recovery time after the procedure. The procedure itself takes a very short time. For most patients, the entire surgery only takes around 40 to 90 minutes.
• Anesthesia requirements are reduced in comparison to the traditional facelift, as the incisions are not very long. Light anesthesia is administered in most cases.
• This is an ideal procedure for correction of minor facial flaws. It continues to be a popular choice for younger patients who suffer from fine lines and wrinkles that are still in their initial stages. The precision of the correction is another aspect that makes this a favorable treatment option.
• There is very little bruising and swelling in the treatment area after the procedure in comparison to the full facelift. This is because the procedure is overall less invasive.
The Mini Facelift Procedure
After the administration of anesthesia, the surgeon proceeds to make fine incisions either in the hairline or behind the earlobe. The muscles and sagging tissues are pulled tight and skin is also held tight before making the sutures.
Depending on the incisions made, the surgeon decides to use removable or soluble sutures or surgical staples. Sometimes, a compression garment might have to be worn to prevent accumulation of fluids.
For the minor cases, a week’s rest might be all that is required. The actual length of the full recovery depends on the incisions and corrections made. Preparing for the procedure and post-surgery instructions might remain similar to that of a traditional facelift and these instructions will have to be followed meticulously.
Learn More During a Consultation
Dr. Burke Chegar will be happy to tell you more about the mini facelift procedure during a consultation. Dr. Chegar is double-board-certified in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Otolaryngology. Contact us to schedule your appointment.