Conveniently located to serve Indianapolis and Carmel, IN
Post Care Instructions for Botox, Dysport, Injectable Fillers
Facial Injections (Botox, Dysport, or any filler)
- To reduce chance of bruising, avoid aspirin, ibuprofen or Vitamin E for up to 7 days before and 24 hours after treatment. Tylenol is OK if needed.
- Minor bruising and swelling may occur with any injection. Applying a light cool compress to area immediately and up to 24 hours after injection can help reduce bruising and swelling. Do not put ice directly on skin to avoid frostbite skin damage.
- Do not massage the injection areas. Some localized swelling is expected at an injection site. Contact the office if you have any concern with a bump or uneven area noticeable 7 days after your injection.
- Avoid heavy lifting or strenuous activity for 24 hours after injection.
- For Botox or Dysport injections, keep head elevated for 3 hours after injection.
- Botox and Dysport results take effect within 24-72 hours after injection. Maximal results are typically seen in 7-9 days.
- Make-up is OK to use immediately after an injection.
- Avoid tanning for up to 2 weeks after injection. Regular, daily use of sunscreen is recommended.
Call our office for any concerns or other questions at (317) 818-5438.
Thank you letting us serve your facial aesthetic needs!