Fix Brittle Lashes with Latisse
Your eyelashes are some of the most delicate parts of your body. From pollution to harsh cosmetics to poor nutrition, anything can make your eyelashes weak and brittle.
Strengthening brittle eyelashes is extremely important to avoid losing them altogether. Latisse by Allergen is a serum that can help strengthen your existing lashes while stimulating the growth of healthy new ones.
What Is Latisse?
Latisse is an FDA-approved prescription serum manufactured using the chemical Bimatoprost. Originally, it was a serum used to treat glaucoma, but today, it is used to stimulate the growth of eyelashes and improve the health and quality of lashes.
The Latisse treatment is very safe and completely non-invasive. It is medically proven to be extremely beneficial.
Good candidates for Latisse are people who have scarce lashes or those who have brittle, pale, and short lashes. Dr. Chegar will perform an evaluation to ensure that you do not have an eye infection and are not allergic to the serum.
How to Use Latisse
The Latisse serum comes in a small 5ml bottle and includes several individually packed applicators. There are 100 of these applicator packs.
The best aspect about the Latisse serum is how easy it is to apply it yourself. By following the below steps, you can easily apply Latisse in under two minutes:
- Take off your make-up and remove contacts.
- Select a single applicator from the pack.
- Put one drop of the Latisse serum onto the applicator.
- Apply the Latisse on the line where your lashes grow out of your eyelids. It should be applied starting at the area closest to the eye and then moving outward (in the same way that a person would apply eyeliner).
- Dab the excess serum off with a cotton pad.
- Throw away the used applicator and select a new one for the other eyelid.
- Repeat steps 3, 4, and 5.
Some don’ts when using the Latisse serum:
- Don’t apply the serum to your lower eyelids.
- Don’t use the serum with your make-up and contacts on.
- Don’t store the serum in a hot place or a spot where the applicators could get infected with dirt and bacteria.
Latisse is a very effective serum that enables growth of long, healthy, and beautiful-looking lashes. When you begin your Latisse treatment, apply the serum twice a day, specifically once in the morning and once at night. Wait 15 minutes after application before using makeup or putting in contacts.
You will begin to notice the benefits of the serum after eight to nine weeks. Your lashes will be stronger and hardier, and they will not get plucked out or fall out when removing mascara.
Your lashes will be longer and will have a brighter color and a wonderful sheen to them. They will also be thicker than before. Once you begin to notice this, you may be able to lower the dosage after consultation with Dr. Chegar.
Get Started with Latisse
The first step in the eyelash-regrowth process is meeting with Dr. Burke Chegar, who is double-board-certified in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Otolaryngology. Set up your consultation with Dr. Chegar by getting in contact with our office.